The breasts can lose volume and their shape can change after weight loss, childbirth or as a result of aging. Breast augmentation can enhance the size of the breast, as well as give you a better proportioned figure.
If you are interested in breast augmentation and want to know if you are a good candidate, ask your surgeon if Mentor breast implants are right for you. Simply put, your age and level of health play an important role in determining whether or not you are eligible for augmentation surgery. Here are some guidelines to follow:
You may be a good candidate if you are:
- A healthy woman age 18 years or older (for saline implants)
- A healthy woman age 22 years or older (for silicone gel implants)
You are not a good candidate at this time if you are:
- A woman who has an active infection anywhere in the body
- A woman with existing cancer or pre-cancer who has not received adequate treatment for those conditions
- A woman who is currently pregnant or breast-feeding
Women having breast augmentation surgery with MENTOR® MemoryGel® Breast Implants must be at least 22 years old. MENTOR® Saline-Filled Breast Implants for breast augmentation surgery are intended for women who are at least 18 years old.
Breast implants are not lifetime devices, and breast implantation is likely not a one-time surgery. You may need additional unplanned surgeries on your breasts because of complications or unacceptable cosmetic outcomes. These additional surgeries can include implant removal with or without replacement, or they can include other surgical procedures. When you have your implants replaced, your risk of future complications may increase compared to first time (primary) augmentation surgery.